14 Mar Emergency Tips When It Comes To Home Water Damage
Most Long Beach Water Damage Restoration experts will tell you that after any water damage scenario your primary focus needs to be safety:
- Is it safe to stay within the house?
- Electrical and”slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent worries.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Soaked materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? What To Do After Flooding
- Our Long Beach Water Damage Restoration experts recommend you remove extra water from mopping and blotting.
- Wipe away excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Eliminate and prop moist upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Our Long Beach Water Damage Removal Service Providers suggest you turn air con for maximum drying in the summer .
- Eliminate colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Eliminate art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What to Not Do After Flooding
- Our Long Beach Water Damage Removal Service Providers advise you don’t leave damp fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather items.
- Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Our Long Beach Water Damage Removal Service Providers recommend you don’t utilize television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging