12 Apr How To Avoid These Unexpected Fire Safety Risks
Our Long Beach Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Experts say that fires can be caused by common things (cooking accidents) or completely off-the-wall things (see our list below).
Either way, it’s great to be educated about everything that could start a fire within your home or office in order to uphold the best practices for fire safety.
This is a mistake that many homeowners make. Linseed oil is one of the biggest underrated enemies of fire safety. It’s used to polish wood, but unfortunately, the oil can also cause fires.
It’s safe on wood, but when the oil is left on the rags that people have polished with, it can spontaneously cause a fire due to the chemicals building up. It doesn’t need anything to start it, like a spark—it will just happen on its own
Empty glass jar lined up on a windowsill, when hit with sunlight, can refract by one of these jars and can be concentrated on the window’s curtains, as a result, can cause a fire.
This occurrence happens from time to time: refracted light fires have been started by glass doorknobs, glass wind chimes, and even glass panes left leaning against walls.
What should and should not go into a microwave should be common fire safety knowledge, but many individuals are clueless when it comes to this area. When it comes to microwaves, our Long Beach Fir and Smoke Damage Restoration experts suggest you avoid putting in cloth, paper, metal, and plastic.
Wall Air Fresheners
Our Long Beach Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Experts say that many residents use those amazing-smelling plug-in air fresheners. However, use these with caution (if you must use them at all). There are several dangerous factors associated with them, and they have been the cause of many house fires.
Additionally, our Long Beach Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Experts say that many of them are made from very thin plastic, and the wall outlets can get extremely hot. If you leave them plugged in for too long, you’re at a big risk for a fire. If you use them, unplug them at night or when you leave the house.
Education about fire safety is essential. Even extreme stories such as these are great to be aware of, since mistakes like these do get made.