05 Nov Is It Necessary To Hire A Mold Remediation Company
If you find mold in your home, it’s important to know what to do next. Although you can get rid of it with bleach, mold is actually caused by water. As long as the water is there, the mold will keep coming back. Even though you may think dealing with mold on your own is sufficient, it might spread interior walls or underneath your carpeting.
When Do I Need Mold Remediation?
- Although you can clean up mold on your own, you definitely need mold remediation if even just one of the following is true:
- The mold keeps coming back in spite of regular cleaning.
- You cannot safely get rid of the mold on your own.
- There are more than 10 square feet of mold.
- You have mold allergies or respiratory illnesses.
- The mold is thick or is clearly growing through walls or cabinets.
- You cannot figure out why the mold is growing.
The mold keeps growing even when cleaned with bleach.
In addition, restoration companies do more than just eliminate the mold. They also repair the source of the water too. Furthermore, they will test for mold after the removal process. This ensures that you get rid of your mold problem once and for all.
What Are the Signs of a Mold Problem?
Aside from seeing mould, there are four major signs you do need mould remediation.
Dark Spots — Since mold can grow almost anywhere in your home, dark stains could mean a problem. These spots usually mean the area is consistently wet and prone to mold.
Water Damage — You are far more likely to have mold if you already have water damage. The risk goes up even more if you don’t clean up the water right away as well.
Moldy or Musty Odors — Another indication you need mold remediation is moldy or musty odors. Since these smells mean moisture, it is normal for mould to follow.
Condensation — Condensation forms when warm, moisture-rich air comes in contact with cooler surfaces. As a result, water droplets form and can lead to mold.
Even though allergies may sometimes mean you have a mold problem, it isn’t always the case. If you have one or more of the indications above and an increase in allergies, it might intricate an issue.