01 Sep Incredible Emergency Tips When It Comes To Home Water Damage
Long Beach Water Damage Restoration professionals will tell you that safety is the most important thing after any type of water damage.
- Is it safe to live in the house?
- The most common concerns are electrical and “slip and fall” dangers.
- You should only engage in activities that you feel safe.
- Material that has been soaked can be extremely heavy. Be careful!
Are you in a water damage emergency? What to do after flooding?
Long Beach Water Damage Restoration Experts recommend that you remove excess water from mopping or blotting.
After removing lamps or tabletop items, wipe off excess water. Dry and clean upholstery and cushions.
Use aluminum foil or wooden blocks to place between the legs of furniture and wet carpeting.
Long Beach Water Damage Removal Service Providers recommend that you use air conditioning to dry the area as quickly as possible in summer.
- Wet carpeting should be void of colored rugs.
- Remove art objects from a dry, safe place.
- Grab anything that isn’t necessary from the floors.
What to do after flooding
Long Beach Water Damage Removal Service Providers recommend that you do not leave damp fabrics unattended. Hang furs and leather items.
- Do not leave magazines, books or any other colored objects on wet floors or carpets.
- Do not use your vacuum to remove water.
- Long Beach Water Damage Restoration Service Providers recommend that you stop using televisions and other household appliances.
- If ceiling is damp, don’t turn on fixtures. Also, avoid rooms with sagging ceilings.