15 Dec When Is A Good Time ToHire A Mold Remediation Company?
It is important to understand what to do next if you discover mold in your home. Mold is not easily removed with bleach. It is caused by water.
Mold will return to your home as long as there is water. You may believe that you can deal with mold yourself, but it could spread inside your home or under your carpeting.
What is Mold Remediation?
- You can clean up mold yourself, but mold remediation is required if any of the following are true.
- Despite regular cleaning, the mold continues to grow.
- Mold can’t be safely removed on your own.
- More than 10 square feet are covered by mold.
- Mold allergies or other respiratory diseases may be a problem.
- The mold is visible growing through cabinets or walls.
- It is difficult to understand why mold is growing.
Even after bleach is used, the mold continues to grow.
Restoration companies don’t just remove mold. They can also fix the source of the water. They will also test for mold in the aftermath of the removal. This will ensure that your mold problem is solved once and for all.
What are the Signs of Mold Problem?
There are four main signs that you need mold remediation, apart from the obvious sightings of mould.
Dark Spots — Mold can grow anywhere in your house, so dark stains could indicate a problem. These are usually signs that the area is constantly wet and susceptible to mold.
Water Damage – Mold is more common in areas that have already suffered water damage. If you do not remove the water immediately, your risk is even greater.
Musty Odors – Moldy or musty smells are another sign that you need mold remediation. Mold can easily follow these smells as they indicate moisture.
Condensation — When warm, moist air is brought into contact with cold surfaces, condensation occurs. Water droplets can form, which can lead to mold.
Although allergies can sometimes indicate a mold problem it is not always the case. It could be a problem if you have any of the above symptoms and an increase in your allergies.