Water damage affects both the structure of your house and your belongings. Your home is more than a structure; your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings aid in transforming a house into a HOME.
Experienced Water Damage Restoration Experts generally have a “restore” versus “replace” mentality, which can help you save money and preserve precious keepsakes that can not be replaced.
Additionally, water damage experts pretest your contents to figure out what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage.
Most water damage restoration professionals utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning – Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean before the wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning – An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning – Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning – Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning – Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires a good amount of restoration or cleaning, an experienced water damage experts can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide a variety of benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When the water damage restoration experts are done with the job, they will work with you to properly coordinate the move-in according to your needs.
Typically, the services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Water Damage Experts suggest you DON’T attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you think might have been damaged by water.
A water damage restoration technician will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And much more
The main thing about restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. They begin by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged or destroyed by water, severe caution should be taken to help and make sure that the water damage does not destroy the document.
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a fire emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. An experienced local water damage expert can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process.