fbpx

Our Long Beach Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Experts say that fires can be caused by ordinary things (cooking accidents) or entirely off-the-wall things (see our list below).

Either way, it is great to be more educated about everything that could start a fire within your home or office in order to uphold the best practices for fire safety.

Linseed Oil

Oil is one of the biggest, underrated enemies of fire safety. It is used to polish wood, but unfortunately, the oil can also cause fires.

It’s safe on wood, but if the oil is left over the rags that people have polished, it can spontaneously cause a fire due to the chemicals building up. It doesn’t need anything to start it, like a spark–it will just happen by Itself

Glass Jars

Empty glass jar lined up on a windowsill, when struck with sunlight, can refract by one of these jars and can be concentrated on the window’s curtains, as a result, can cause a fire.

This occurrence happens from time to time: refracted light fires have been started by glass doorknobs, glass wind chimes, and even glass panes left leaning against walls.

Microwaving Underwear

What should and should not go to a microwave should be common fire safety knowledge, but many individuals are clueless when it comes to this area.

If it has to do with microwaves, our Long Beach Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration experts suggest you avoid placing in cloth, paper, metal, and plastic.

Wall Air Fresheners

Our Long Beach Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Experts say that many residents use those amazing-selling plug in air fresheners. But, use these with caution (if you need to use them at all). There are several dangerous factors associated with them, and they have been the cause of many house fires.

If you leave them plugged in for too long, you are at a large risk for a fire. If you use themunplug them at night or any time you leave the house.

Even intense stories such as these are great to be aware of, since mistakes like these do get made.