Most Long Beach Water Damage Restoration experts will tell you that after any water damage scenario your primary focus needs to be safety:
- Is it safe to stay within the house?
- Electrical and”slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent worries.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Soaked materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? What To Do After Flooding
- Our Long Beach Water Damage Restoration experts recommend you remove extra water from mopping and blotting.
- Wipe away excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Eliminate and prop moist upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Our Long Beach Water Damage Removal Service Providers suggest you turn air con for maximum drying in the summer .
- Eliminate colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Eliminate art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What to Not Do After Flooding
- Our Long Beach Water Damage Removal Service Providers advise you don’t leave damp fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather items.
- Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Our Long Beach Water Damage Removal Service Providers recommend you don’t utilize television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging